Whipple 3.8L Supercharger Headunit Only (2007-2014 GT500)
Includes 3.75" Pulley (Makes about 21.5 psi on a stock 5.8L 2013/2014 GT500 motor at 7000rpm and about 12psi at 3000rpm.)
Does NOT include throttle body or any other components other than installation hardware for the blower. This product is the supercharger (headunit) only! The Whipple 3.8L uses a unique bolt pattern for the throttle, requiring use of the Whipple 150mm "roval" throttle found HERE.
**NOTE: The Gen5 3.8L SC Kit will NOT fit under the factory hood without the K-member spacer kit (available here) AND the adjustable motor mounts (available here). Aftermarket hoods such as the Supersnake fit, but the supercharger still requires the adjustable engine mounts to clear the cowling.
From Whipple Superchargers:
- Latest Whipple rotor design, featuring the all new 3/4 asymetrical rotors
- Gen 5 supercharger features new 3x4 rotor combination for increased RPM capacity, large diameter for increased airflow and small leak path, increased helix for optimal sealing
- Gen5 rotors feature incredible low weight for low inertia
- Increased sealing line for lower loss
- 3.8L is 43% larger than 2.65L roots-type allowing lower power draw and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- 2-piece rear inlet allows for easy installation and access to fuel rails and injectors.
- Massive 2-piece Crusher inlet for industry leading CFM capacity
- Optional race porting for increased airflow
- Oversized Crusher™ 150mm inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop and better use of the increased surface area of the massive intercooler core
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- No internal modifications required
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- Easy belt changes
- Lightweight pocketed 6061 T6 billet aluminum SC pulley
If you're craving more power from your Shelby GT500, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries latest, most efficient twin-screw supercharger available today. The new Whipple 3.8L Gen5 can produce incredible power levels well into the 2000HP range in race applications. The revolutionary new 3.8L Gen5 supercharger features the all new 3/4 asymetrical rotor design and new housing for incredible power gains. The all new system comes with a massive 150mm roval throttle body and an all new 123mm cold air intake system, allowing for massive power levels.
This direct bolt-on replacement system gives you the ability to run far higher boost levels than the factory 122ci roots-type supercharger, 2300 or 2650 TVS while dramatically lowering supercharger discharge temperatures and power consumption (hp). The 3.8L Gen 5 is available in a competition series for the racers, which allows engine builders and racers to build their masterpiece. If you want the best of the best, the Whipple Gen 5L 3.8L is just that. The Whipple kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today.
THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION (VISIT THE “EMISSIONS” PAGE AT HTTP://WWW.SEMASAN.COM/EMISSIONS FOR STATE BY STATE DETAILS.
LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
THIS POLICY ONLY APPLIES TO INSTALLERS AND/OR USERS WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, HOWEVER CUSTOMERS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER COUNTRIES SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.