Watson Racing 6-Point Bolt-In Roll Bar (2005-2014 Mustang)
From Watson Racing:
Based on the immense popularity and extensive engineering of our 4-point, Watson Racing is excited to present this new bolt-in 6-Point Roll Bar for S197 Mustangs!
This is quite simply the finest 6-point Mustang bar on the market.
Key features include:
• Removable door bars with a serious joint. We’re not fans of the single quick-release pins found in most removable door bars. How safe and strong can that really be? We used the same precision machined joints found at the rear of our bar, for exact fit and super-high strength. The mounting plates for the feet of the door bars stay mounted in the car. Simply unbolt and remove the door bar from inside; re-installation is a snap.
• Quick-In and Quick-Out design. Perfect for those of you who are part-time racers and don’t want a full-time roll bar. Like the door bars, our uniquely-engineered bolt-in mounting system stays hidden and mounted in the car. Unbolt the Roll Bar from INSIDE your car for quick removal and re-installation. Removing the door bars is easy, and leaves no stub sticking up through the floor.
• Mounts to the FACTORY corner gussets. Other roll bars bolt to either the weak sheet metal floor behind the front seats (dangerous!) or replace the factory corner gussets with their own design. Why replace what Ford has already engineered and crash-tested? This is a critical strength point in your Mustang, and we did not want to replace it. The Watson Racing 6-Point bar bolts to this factory-designed gusset for maximum safety.
• Minimal trim panel modification. With our 6-Point Roll Bars quick-in, quick-out design, you don’t have to cut your trim panels AT ALL if you don’t want to. If you’d rather keep the trim panels and Roll Bar permanently mounted in the car, the modifications required to the trim panels are minimal. No cutting your trim panels in half with our bar!
• Minimal-bend design. Bends in tubes reduce a its effectiveness and safety. We kept the bends to a minimum in order to maximize safety. Where bends are required, we use a CNC precision mandrel bending process to maintain strength.
• Works with the Ford Racing / Boss Laguna Seca X-Brace, and Watson Racing Seat Delete Carpet Kit! The Watson 4-point carpet kit pops right in with the new 6-point. You can also modify our carpet kit to work with the X-brace, or modify your Ford Racing/Laguna seat delete panels to work with the Watson Roll Bar. No modifications are needed to the X-Brace or Roll Bar to work together!
• We sweat the details: 100-percent TIG-welded 1.625-in .083-in wall CHROMOLY. 100-percent powder coated. Shoulder harness retention loops, standard. Welded/fixed harness bar and diagonal bar, standard. Precision-machined tube joints for high strength on rear support tubes & door bars- no through-bolting here, and notice the plug-welds! Zinc-plated heavy M10 metric fasteners included.
• Full seat travel. Since the Watson Roll Bar mounts on top of the factory corner gussets (next to rear seat bottom cushion), the front seats are free to slide all the way back and maintain a comfortable driving position.
** Unfortunately, this part does not qualify for free shipping. Flat rate shipping cost of $195 in the continental U.S. *Shipping weight is approximately 73 lbs.